Founded as a mission of Christ Church Cathedral in 1868, St. Peter’s became a parish in 1872. In 1893, the parish moved to the corner of Lindell Blvd. and Spring Ave., flourishing at that location for many years. By 1948, declining participation due in part to changing demographics in St. Louis city led the church to move to its current location at Ladue and Warson Rds. Remnants of the first church reside with us today, including the brass altar cross and candlesticks, the white marble altar and baptismal font, the processional cross and cornerstone.