Opportunities to Serve
The Worship Ministry of St. Peter's Church
At all times and in all places, people worship God. Worship is the heart of our life at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church.
Please contact the St. Peter's Church Office if you are willing to share your gifts by participating in one, or several, of these parish ministries:
- Acolytes lead processions in and out of the church, help set the altar for communion and generally assist the clergy in leading worship. At St. Peter's, all youth in high school are eligible to serve as acolytes, and Acolyte Masters are the adults who coordinate, train and serve with the Acolytes.
- Altar Flowers
- Parishioners can offer the flowers decorating the altar in celebration of a joyful event, in memory of a loved one, or commemorating other important events.
- Altar Guild
- The Altar Guild sets up the church for each service, and cares for the linens and vessels used at our altar, ensuring a beautiful and well-prepared space for worship.
- Adult Choir
- The Choir provides diverse and magnificent music for worship at the 10:30 a.m. Sunday services, monthly Evensongs and other special services.
- Children in 3rd through 8th grade sing at occasional Sunday morning services, Christmas and other special services.
- Flower Delivery
- This team brings flowers and smiles from the church each Sunday to other members celebrating new births, recovering from illness or loss, or who are homebound.
- Greeters help make our worship atmosphere welcoming by meeting parishioners and newcomers at the doors and answering questions about St. Peter's.
- The Handbell Choir plays on occasional Sunday mornings, at Christmas, and other special services.
- Members of the Hospitality Committee provide a welcoming atmosphere and delicious snacks at coffee hour.
- Lectors and Chalice Bearers
- Lectors read the scripture lessons at all services, lead prayers and serve the chalice at Eucharist.
- Prayer Group
- The Friday morning Prayer Group meets from 9:45 – 11:00 p.m. every week for an informal hour of peace and prayer. Everyone is welcome. Come every week, or whenever you are able. On the first Friday of each month (except the summer months of July and August), there is a Service of Healing/Holy Eucharist at 10:00 A.M. in Grace Chapel.
- Ushers help create a hospitable and accessible environment for worship, equipping parishioners and newcomers with service leaflets and hearing aids as needed.